6 July 2021. The role of agricultural research and innovation on foodsystems transformation science days for the un food systems summit 2021. Agrinatura and FARA UNFSS Science Side-Event
This Dialogue called the attention on the role of agricultural research in the transformation of food systems everywhere in the globe. To enable the needed transformation our societies need agricultural science, research, education, innovation done from an open, inclusive, and participatory perspective.
The development of partnerships and networks of agricultural research between the global south and north are at the center of the food systems transformation.
- Agrinatura has a longstanding cooperation with the European Commission and other key agricultural research stakeholders in implementing key cooperative projects in the global south.
- Agrinatura proposes to bridge science and policy, focusing not only on solutions but also formulating the right questions to achieve transition pathways for sustainable food systems.
- Yemi Akinbamijo - FARA
- Helena Posthumus - DeSIRA-LIFT/WUR
- Stephen Onakuse - Agrinatura President
- Guy Faure - European Commission
- Elisabeth Nsimadala - Pan Africa Farmers Organization/East Africa Farmers Federation
- Bongiwe Njobe - CIMMYT
- Alex MUTUA - Managing Director, Goshen Farm Exporters Ltd , Kenya
- Agrinatura UNFSS Science Days Side Event Flyer
- Agrinatura position paper on “Research and Innovation in Food Systems, a contribution to the dialgues preparing the UN Food Systems Summit”.
- Agrinatura position paper on ”The future of global food systems in relation the EC’s Farm to Fork Strategy”.
- Infopoint meeting: “North-South partnership in research and education for the transformation of food system”.