The pre-Science Days event sets out to examine the impact of scientific innovations and partnerships on food systems and how these can help African farmers build climate and food resilience across agro-ecological zones.
It will unveil opportunities for deepening technology delivery, linking various research innovations to impact delivery in Africa through a complementary convergence of science and technology, favourable policies, strong support institutions and services, and access to finance and markets.
Dr Nteranya Sanginga, DG IITA, will open the side event while Dr Martin Fregene, Director Agriculture and Agro-Industry at the African Development Bank, Dr Kenton Dashiell, Deputy Director General (Partnerships for Delivery) IITA, and Dr Ramadjita Tabo, ICRISAT’s Regional Director will be providing strategic insights.
Equally speaking at the event are Prof Bernadette Fregene, TAAT Aquaculture Leader, WorldFish Centre and Dr Robin Buruchara, Senior Advisor, The Pan Africa Bean Research Alliance (PABRA) of the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT.
- Moderator: Dr Kwesi Atta-Krah
- Dr. Martin Fregene, Director Agriculture and Agro-Industry AfDB
- Dr. Kenton Dashiell, Deputy Director General (Partnerships for Delivery) IITA
- Prof Bernadette Fregene, TAAT Aquaculture Leader, WorldFish Centre
- Dr. Ramadjita Tabo, Research Program Director, ICRISAT
- Dr. Robin Buruchara, Senior Advisor, The Pan Africa Bean Research Alliance (PABRA),
- Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
- CASSAVA TECHNOLOGY CATALOGUE
- MAIZE TECHNOLOGY CATALOGUE
- RICE TECHNOLOGY CATALOGUE
- OFSP TECHNOLOGY CATALOGUE
- MODERNISING TECHNOLOGIES FOR AFRICAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION,
- TAAT AQUACULTURE
- Technology Outreach Enabler compact : accessible to facilitators in local Agricultural Innovation Platforms to use in the scaling of technologies. The compilation of the set is accessible at