23-28 October 2023. Tunisia. 6th PAFO General Assembly. Under the banner of : "Promoting resilient and sustainable food systems for the prosperity of farmers"
See the full concept note #21 pages
The objectives of these Events were to :
- Provide a forum to the PAFO Governance organs to discuss and endorse reports, programs, plans and activities implemented in-between two assemblies;
- Inform the members, farmers and partners about the PAFO engagement at the continental and global levels;
- Provide a platform for knowledge sharing, exchanges, advocacy and lobbying among Farmers Organizations, and with technical and financial partners.
27 and 28 October 2023. 6th General Assembly.
PAFO GA and events meetings were held in a hybrid format. The regional networks members nominated their delegates attending physically and those who joined virtually. The General Assembly was preceded by side events:
- 23 - 24 October 2023. the Rural Women's Forum; the Agroecology Workshop;
- 25 October 2023. PAFO-FO-RI AGRO-ECOLOGY WORKSHOP: EXPLORING THE POTENTIAL OF FOS FOR AGRO-ECOLOGY
- 26 October 2023. Workshop on the "Mapping Strategy for POs and Local African Agricultural Products";
- the "Mid-Term Evaluation of PAFO's Strategy (2021-2025)",
- as well as a Partners' Round Table.