17 June 2021. The Pan African Farmers Organizations (PAFO) and its regional farmers’ organizations are visioning to independently lead the consultation process under the support of the Food Systems Summit Secretariat though IFAD management. In this context; the Independent dialogues are being organized by Farmers Organizations at National, Regional level to insure the voices of farmers around the continent are equally heard and represented at the Food Systems Summit. The role of PAFO as a continental body, is to consolidate the outcomes from dialogues.
Thus, a Pan African independent dialogue brought together farmers’ leaders and other relevant stakeholders to consolidate and validate the collected ideas and to discuss on the follow-up for the post Summit’s action tracks.
Related:22 July 2021. 12:00-14:00 (GMT). PAFO-COLEACP INNOVATIONS SERIES. Session n°5. Food and Nutrition Security: the contribution of SMEs and businesses
- How African MSMEs and farmers organisations can transition towards sustainable practices and what support do they need based on the obstacles they face?
- What incentives can be provided to smallholders and MSMEs to adopt sustainable practices?
- What main investments and incentives from the public and private sector can accelerate the transition towards sustainable practices?
- How to reconcile investments by the MSMEs and farmers in sustainable food systems with the imperative of economic returns and access to new markets?
- 0:16 Nnaemeka IKEGWUONU – Executive Director, Smallholders Foundation, ColdHubs, Nigeria
- 0:24 Pierre Damien MBATEZIMANA – Managing Director, Shekina Enterprise, Rwanda
- 0:36 Gaëtan ETANCELIN – Président, SYMABIO, Madagascar
- 0:51 Lovin KOBUSINGYE – General Manager, Kati Farms, Uganda
- 1:05 Roel MESSIE – Chief Investment Officer, IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative
- 1:14 Estherine FOTABONG – Director, Programme Innovation and Planning, NEPAD Agency
- 1:29 Elizabeth NSIMADALA – President of PAFO and Member of the Advisory Committee for the 2021 Food Systems Summit
- 2:00 Ishmael Sunga, CEO, SACAU and Member of the UNFSS Food Systems Champions Network